Senior Business Analyst
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 271
We have an exciting role for a Senior Business Analyst to assist our Head of Product with some of the leadership tasks in her team, including managing sprints and mentoring junior team members.
This is a true Business Partner role, gathering technical and non technical requirements for process improvements, efficiencies, integrations and new features by engaging business users and the development team.
Roles and responsibilities
- Conducting workshops and stakeholder meetings to gather requirements. Writing User stories and acceptance criteria for the development team to start executing.
- Analysing and documenting 'as-is' and 'to-be' business processes and devising strategies and implementing process improvements.
- Managing sprints and conducting sprint ceremonies like daily stand ups and sprint planning with the development team.
- Running requirements workshops with the business users.
- Assisting the Product Manager in prioritising and grooming the Backlog.
- Mentoring junior business analysts and setting up BA practices.
- Working with the QA team to review test scenarios, regression testing and ensure the solution is accurate and free of bugs and issues.
- Preparing release notes and UAT test scenarios for every sprint and assisting the business users in conducting them.
How to succeed
You're pro-active and detail oriented with very strong written and verbal communication skills, able to interact with both technical and non-technical audiences.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- 5-8 years' experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in and knowledge of an equipment / asset finance business
A skillset that includes process mapping, creating workflows, flowcharts and mock-ups
- Writing user stories along with acceptance criteria
- Agile methodology experience with basic SQL skills
- Strong business partnering and stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of JSON, XML, SQL
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have Australian working rights (citizen or PR)
We offer a robust benefits package to help support your health and financial security, plus you'll enjoy:
- A culture that promotes growth
- Working out of a beautiful modern office in Sydney and virtually
- Fun, regular social events so you can get to know your coworkers
We Value Your Wellbeing
Metro Finance believes in diversity, equity, and inclusion and offers a safe environment to grow. Bring your open mind and can-do attitude to help us deliver our award-winning service to clients. Our culture of continuous improvement gives you opportunities to learn. We encourage you to take advantage of all career development opportunities across department teams to help build your skills.
About Metro Finance
We offer an alternative to traditional bank funding with a modern approach and mindset. Our cutting-edge financial products, advanced technology, and local expertise set us apart. We excel at providing a real human experience for our customers. In fact, our Sales, Settlements, and Credit teams are all regular CAFBA award winners.
If you require further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com
Apply now by clicking the link on the top right of the page!
Job Number: 271
Talent Pool / Marketing Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU